A complete education combines cultivation of the mind and improvement of physical health. “A healthy mind in a healthy body”.
Sports contribute to the development of social virtues, such as collaboration, solidarity, consistency and responsibility; they can play a positive role in the socialisation process and they are a key factor for mental and physical balance.
Our Institute offers our students and its staff the possibility to enjoy a variety of sports activities within fully organized and equipped Sports Facilities staffed by qualified Physical Education Teachers.
The sports activities that take place in the Indoor Gym “Markos Karanastasis”, TEI of Crete, are the following:
- Traditional dance
- Martial Arts (Judo – Self-defence)
- Empowerment Room (Weight room)
- Ping pong
- Rehabilitation programmes for injuries
- Rehabilitation programmes for persons suffering from musculoskeletal diseases
Students who wish to take part in the sports activities of the Institute are required to obtain an athlete’s card, which is issued by the Gym upon receipt of the following documents:
- Certificate of Studies or copy of the Student Pass
- Doctor’s Certificate (from the HMU Clinic or from a private doctor)
- Two photographs (ID size)
- Application for membership
Indoor Gym “MARKOS KARANASTASIS”
Student Care Office
Telephone number: 2810-379890 2810-379375